Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sloss No. 2-THE WORST IS DONE

I've slowly been working on the sloss full length.  I haven't realllly been trying to write because I'm tired of playing guitar, but this approach has actually helped with the writing process.  By avoiding guitar, the riffs feel very honest and not forced. The first part/half of the album is written, with a just a few song tweaks and solidifying the drums.  So far the first half clocks in at 18 minutes.  This portion of the album was the most difficult to write because it is all riffed based, which represents the main character before his accident in the mine.  The second half is based off the drums, which is coming together nicely because I actually like drumming and the experimentation factor is a lot higher.  This represents the main character after his accident.Drums take a lead approach while the guitar(or maybe synth) just add to the background.   After doing some quick math, I believe this is year three for me writing this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment